New monthly schedule for mobile health services in Penn Valley
December 26, 2012
Beginning in December, Western Sierra Medical Clinic (WSMC) will be providing medical appointments from the WSMC mobile health van in Penn Valley once a month from the Penn Valley Fire Station. The new schedule is a reduction from the weekly services that began in May and is based on current community need and patient scheduling data from the past six months.
"As a non-profit community health center, our mission is to ensure that every individual has access to quality health care," said Dr. Frank Lang Jr., chief medical officer at Western Sierra Medical Clinic. "Our mobile unit brings medical services to remote areas where individuals may not have ample transportation or the physical ability to get to other appointments."
The new schedule begins Dec. 11, when appointments will be available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the second Monday of each month.
WSMC's Penn Valley services are provided by Dr. Celia Sutton-Pado, who more than 20 years of experience in family practice. She is fluent in Spanish and has expertise in a broad spectrum of health areas, including diabetes, pediatrics and women's health.
The mobile health van can be utilized for a variety of health services, including general checkups, immunization, teen clinic, blood draw, pediatric appointments and most other medical concerns or conditions.
Advance and same-day appointments are available with walk-in or minor urgent care accepted based on availability. For information on making an appointment, please contact (530) 274-9762.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic accepts Medicare, Medi-Cal and most commercial insurances. A sliding fee is provided based on family income. WSMC is a nonprofit community health center dedicated to providing quality health care for all. For information about WSMC, visit http://www.wsmcmed.org.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic Inc. is a nonprofit community health center serving more than 17,000 patients throughout Nevada, Sierra and Yuba counties. WSMC offers comprehensive patient-centered medical, dental, maternity and behavioral health care from its sites at Miners Family Health Center in Grass Valley and Western Sierra Medical Clinic in Downieville. It is WSMC's mission to ensure that every person, regardless of ability to pay, has access to quality health care.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance