New members invited to Gold Country Threshold Choir in Grass Valley
May 15, 2017
The Gold Country Threshold Choir will host an open house for new members at 6 p.m. on June 21 at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 West Main St. in Grass Valley. The Threshold Choir is a volunteer organization offering the gift of singing at "tender times." Songs are designed to be simple messages of love, life and heart, and call for connection to human emotions.
The Grass Valley/Nevada City choir is a chapter of the Threshold Choir International Organization and meets the first, third, and fifth Wednesday evening of the month at Peace Lutheran Church. The group sings, when invited, for people moving through a significant passage. They visit bedsides in groups of three or four to offer comfort and compassion. The group identifies with being spiritual but with no religious affiliation. Unlike traditional choirs, members need only to be able to carry a tune, blend their voice with others and sing with gentleness to participate.
This type of singing fosters a special bond between choir members. The June 21 event will be an open forum to ask questions, learn more and meet current members. For additional information, email email@example.com, visit them Facebook, call Helen at 530-446-5058 or Deb at 530-913-0320.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor