Nevada County members invited to PFLAG meeting
January 10, 2013
PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) of Placer County is encouraging interested Nevada County residents to attend their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday in Conference Room A at Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, 11815 Education St., Auburn.
PFLAG is an advocacy and support group for the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Queer) community and their allies. This month's feature speaker is our own PFLAG chapter secretary, Ryan Parino, whose presentation, "The Bloodsource of Inequality," will explore the roots of homophobia by focusing on the FDA's discriminatory blood donation policies, how these policies affect us all, and what we can do to make a difference.
PFLAG meetings are open to the community, and all interested persons are cordially invited to attend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws