Nevada County members invited to PFLAG meeting
January 10, 2013
PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) of Placer County is encouraging interested Nevada County residents to attend their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday in Conference Room A at Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, 11815 Education St., Auburn.
PFLAG is an advocacy and support group for the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Queer) community and their allies. This month's feature speaker is our own PFLAG chapter secretary, Ryan Parino, whose presentation, "The Bloodsource of Inequality," will explore the roots of homophobia by focusing on the FDA's discriminatory blood donation policies, how these policies affect us all, and what we can do to make a difference.
PFLAG meetings are open to the community, and all interested persons are cordially invited to attend.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed