Nevada County members invited to PFLAG meeting
January 10, 2013
PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) of Placer County is encouraging interested Nevada County residents to attend their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday in Conference Room A at Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, 11815 Education St., Auburn.
PFLAG is an advocacy and support group for the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Queer) community and their allies. This month's feature speaker is our own PFLAG chapter secretary, Ryan Parino, whose presentation, "The Bloodsource of Inequality," will explore the roots of homophobia by focusing on the FDA's discriminatory blood donation policies, how these policies affect us all, and what we can do to make a difference.
PFLAG meetings are open to the community, and all interested persons are cordially invited to attend.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Cascade Shores evacuation lifted, roads reopened
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers