Nevada County members invited to PFLAG meeting
January 10, 2013
PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) of Placer County is encouraging interested Nevada County residents to attend their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday in Conference Room A at Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, 11815 Education St., Auburn.
PFLAG is an advocacy and support group for the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Queer) community and their allies. This month's feature speaker is our own PFLAG chapter secretary, Ryan Parino, whose presentation, "The Bloodsource of Inequality," will explore the roots of homophobia by focusing on the FDA's discriminatory blood donation policies, how these policies affect us all, and what we can do to make a difference.
PFLAG meetings are open to the community, and all interested persons are cordially invited to attend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Civil rights pioneer to speak in Grass Valley