Nevada County Library’s Book Buddy Program
May 9, 2013
The Book Buddy program provides library materials to Nevada County residents who cannot come to the library. This service, provided free of charge, is one-on-one between the Book Buddy volunteer and the homebound individual. The book buddy delivers and picks up materials for the person at home. The following library materials are available: Books, magazines, audio books on CD, large-print books and movies on tape or DVD.
If you don't have a current library card you will be provided with an application. You need only some type of photo ID.
Who Is eligible for this service? People who are handicapped, elderly, chronically ill, temporarily ill or injured and confined at home for six months.
The outreach Book Buddy coordinator notes the special interests of each homebound patron in an initial interview. Some patrons request specific titles while others leave it to their book buddy to choose materials based on the profile created during the interview.
If you or someone you know could benefit from this service, contact the Nevada County Library administrative office at 530-65-1407.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier