Nevada County Library’s Book Buddy Program
May 9, 2013
The Book Buddy program provides library materials to Nevada County residents who cannot come to the library. This service, provided free of charge, is one-on-one between the Book Buddy volunteer and the homebound individual. The book buddy delivers and picks up materials for the person at home. The following library materials are available: Books, magazines, audio books on CD, large-print books and movies on tape or DVD.
If you don’t have a current library card you will be provided with an application. You need only some type of photo ID.
Who Is eligible for this service? People who are handicapped, elderly, chronically ill, temporarily ill or injured and confined at home for six months.
The outreach Book Buddy coordinator notes the special interests of each homebound patron in an initial interview. Some patrons request specific titles while others leave it to their book buddy to choose materials based on the profile created during the interview.
If you or someone you know could benefit from this service, contact the Nevada County Library administrative office at 530-65-1407.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit