Nevada County Fairgrounds closed to walkers and bicyclists June 12 to 16
June 6, 2013
In preparation for the annual Father's Day Bluegrass Festival, June 13 through 16, the Nevada County Fairgrounds will be closed to walkers and bicyclists beginning June 12. The Fairgrounds will open its gates to walkers and bicyclists as usual on Monday, June 17. This closure does not affect the main office, which is open during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The RV Park at the Fairgrounds will also be closed to the public from June 10 through 17.
At various times throughout the year, the grounds are rented by organizations for large community events such as the Bluegrass Festival, the KVMR Celtic Festival and The California WorldFest. During these times, it becomes necessary to close the grounds to pedestrians to prepare for these events.
If you are interested in attending the festival, visit http;//www.cbaontheweb.org or call 209-588-9214 or 530-272-7553 during the week of the festival. For more information about the Nevada County Fairgrounds, visit http://www.NevadaCountyFair.com or call 530-273-6217.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday