Nevada County Consolidated Fire board to meet
February 19, 2013
A number of employees of the Nevada County Consolidated Fire District will be sworn in at the board meeting Thursday, which starts at 7 p.m.
Battalion Chief Jerry Funk, Engineers Nathan Menth and Philip Nunnink, firefighters David Coombe, Cooper Hale, Jeffery Palmer and Robin Serna, as well as a captain, are set for a badge-pinning and swearing-in ceremony. There also will be a plaque presentation for retired Engineer Spencer Garrett.
Other items on the agenda include approving the fire chief job description and benefits, possible action on COBRA health benefit provisions and the Employee Assistance Program, and approval of the staffing roster.
The board meets at Station 84, 10135 Coyote St., Nevada City.
For more information, call 530-273-3158.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws