Nevada County Climate Change Coalition meeting planned
October 23, 2013
The recently formed Nevada County Climate Change Coalition has organized several local programs and events and has an active Facebook page. The coalition's first general organizing meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church Street in Grass Valley.
The Nevada County Climate Coalition is being organized by individuals and members of local groups who are concerned about the effects of climate change locally and around the world. Their goal is to organize a network of local groups that can: 1) Stay informed, educate and update their members about issues and actions related to climate change; 2) work together to find ways to adapt to climate change; 3) stay connected and coordinate actions with national and global grassroots organizations working for climate justice; and 4) plan local actions that will help raise awareness, defeat denial, spread truth and limit greenhouse gas emissions locally and on a larger scale.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance