Nevada County Climate Change Coalition meeting planned
October 23, 2013
The recently formed Nevada County Climate Change Coalition has organized several local programs and events and has an active Facebook page. The coalition's first general organizing meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church Street in Grass Valley.
The Nevada County Climate Coalition is being organized by individuals and members of local groups who are concerned about the effects of climate change locally and around the world. Their goal is to organize a network of local groups that can: 1) Stay informed, educate and update their members about issues and actions related to climate change; 2) work together to find ways to adapt to climate change; 3) stay connected and coordinate actions with national and global grassroots organizations working for climate justice; and 4) plan local actions that will help raise awareness, defeat denial, spread truth and limit greenhouse gas emissions locally and on a larger scale.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court