Nevada County Climate Change Coalition meeting planned
October 23, 2013
The recently formed Nevada County Climate Change Coalition has organized several local programs and events and has an active Facebook page. The coalition's first general organizing meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 29, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 S. Church Street in Grass Valley.
The Nevada County Climate Coalition is being organized by individuals and members of local groups who are concerned about the effects of climate change locally and around the world. Their goal is to organize a network of local groups that can: 1) Stay informed, educate and update their members about issues and actions related to climate change; 2) work together to find ways to adapt to climate change; 3) stay connected and coordinate actions with national and global grassroots organizations working for climate justice; and 4) plan local actions that will help raise awareness, defeat denial, spread truth and limit greenhouse gas emissions locally and on a larger scale.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity