‘Nevada County Christmas’ to benefit local mentoring program
December 26, 2012
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County is the lucky beneficiary of "Nevada County Christmas," a fun, family-friendly concert organized by community member Dale Peterson. The concert will take place at 2 p.m. December 16 at The Center for the Arts. Featured musical acts include The Strum Bums, The String Sisters, The Ruchrich Family Band, Lou Meyers & Friends, The Dubai Brothers, The Banana Band and a local NEO youth band (TBD).
"We are so pleased that Dale chose us as the beneficiary of this wonderful event that aims to showcase some of our local youth talent and that will be fun for the whole family," said Dena Valin, Big Brothers Big Sisters executive director. "We might even have some of our Little Brothers and Sisters performing on stage with one of the acts!"
Tickets for this event are $12 for adults and $6 for children 12 and under. They can be purchased from The Center for the Arts at its box office or on its website, http://www.thecenterforthearts.com. Or they can be purchased at the Big Brothers Big Sisters office, located at 1721 East Main St., Suite No. 3, in Grass Valley. Office hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For information, visit the Big Brothers Big Sisters website at http://www.bigsofnc.org or call (530) 273-2227.
Anyone unable to attend the concert but interested in contributing to the positive effect that it will have on local children, can help with a donation in support of mentoring for at-risk children. Donors to Big Brothers Big Sisters can make a tax-deductible donation online at http://www.bigsofnc.org or by mailing a check to BBBS of Nevada County, P.O. Box 1362, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County is a chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, a national nonprofit agency dedicated to creating a volunteer base where every at-risk child and youth who needs and wants a mentor can be matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister. BBBSNC serves children in all of Nevada County, including Truckee, as well as the North Lake Tahoe communities of Kings Beach and Tahoe City. For information, please see http://www.bigsofnc.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Craft Guild’s ‘Winterfaire’ this weekend at Nevada County Fairgrounds
- E-waste fundraiser at Union Hill School Dec. 10
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation