Nevada City workshop on how to make an impact on the legislative process
May 9, 2017
Nevada City Indivisible Dems for Progress are hosting "GET in FRONT OF IT," a legislative workshop to learn how bills move through the House and Senate, how to find them and how to take action. Scheduled for Saturday, organizers will offer tips on the most effective way to communicate information on upcoming bills to friends and groups, as well as how to persuade representatives with a simple focus.
The event will host leading Nevada County activists, organizers and veteran citizen lobbyist Lisa Schliff of RESULTS, an organization that has been working on legislation to fight poverty for the past 30 years. The workshop is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. to noon on May 13 at 138 New Mohawk Road in Nevada City. Refreshments will be served.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is co-sponsored by Gold Country Indivisible and Nevada County Democrats.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans