Nevada City workshop on how to make an impact on the legislative process
May 9, 2017
Nevada City Indivisible Dems for Progress are hosting "GET in FRONT OF IT," a legislative workshop to learn how bills move through the House and Senate, how to find them and how to take action. Scheduled for Saturday, organizers will offer tips on the most effective way to communicate information on upcoming bills to friends and groups, as well as how to persuade representatives with a simple focus.
The event will host leading Nevada County activists, organizers and veteran citizen lobbyist Lisa Schliff of RESULTS, an organization that has been working on legislation to fight poverty for the past 30 years. The workshop is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. to noon on May 13 at 138 New Mohawk Road in Nevada City. Refreshments will be served.
RSVP to email@example.com. This event is co-sponsored by Gold Country Indivisible and Nevada County Democrats.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier