Nevada City resident promoted to lieutenant
May 21, 2013
Nevada City resident Alex Merkle was commissioned as a First Lieutenant into the U.S. Army Reserve on Monday. The oath of office was administered by Dr. Jon Bowersox, US Air Force Reserve (retired) at Enloe Medical Center, where they both serve on the trauma surgery service.
Merkle is also an active member of the Nevada County community, volunteering with the Sheriff's Search and Rescue team and serving as a board member for the Mendocino-Tahoe Conservancy.
Previously, Alex served as a boatswains mate in the Coast Guard Reserve, where he commanded and operated rescue boats off the waters of Northern California.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party