Nevada City Lions donate to Sierra Services for the Blind
July 17, 2013
During a recent meeting of the Nevada City Lions Club at Seaman's Lodge, the guest speaker was Sierra Services for the Blind Executive Director Richard Crandall, who brought the club up to date regarding the operations of Sierra Services for the Blind. Since 1981, Sierra Services has provided various services and counseling to sight impaired citizens. During the meeting, Nevada City Lion President Verne Taylor presented Crandall with a donation check in the amount of $2,600. Much of the funds raised annually by the Nevada City Lions comes from their Taco Booth at the annual Nevada County Fair.
The Lions Club meet at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at Seaman's Lodge in Nevada City. For information about membership contact membership chair John Meyer at 530-432-3562.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball