Nevada City Lions donate to Sierra Services for the Blind
July 17, 2013
During a recent meeting of the Nevada City Lions Club at Seaman's Lodge, the guest speaker was Sierra Services for the Blind Executive Director Richard Crandall, who brought the club up to date regarding the operations of Sierra Services for the Blind. Since 1981, Sierra Services has provided various services and counseling to sight impaired citizens. During the meeting, Nevada City Lion President Verne Taylor presented Crandall with a donation check in the amount of $2,600. Much of the funds raised annually by the Nevada City Lions comes from their Taco Booth at the annual Nevada County Fair.
The Lions Club meet at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at Seaman's Lodge in Nevada City. For information about membership contact membership chair John Meyer at 530-432-3562.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial