Nevada City Lions donate to Sierra Services for the Blind
July 17, 2013
During a recent meeting of the Nevada City Lions Club at Seaman’s Lodge, the guest speaker was Sierra Services for the Blind Executive Director Richard Crandall, who brought the club up to date regarding the operations of Sierra Services for the Blind. Since 1981, Sierra Services has provided various services and counseling to sight impaired citizens. During the meeting, Nevada City Lion President Verne Taylor presented Crandall with a donation check in the amount of $2,600. Much of the funds raised annually by the Nevada City Lions comes from their Taco Booth at the annual Nevada County Fair.
The Lions Club meet at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at Seaman’s Lodge in Nevada City. For information about membership contact membership chair John Meyer at 530-432-3562.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location