NDGW Grass Valley Women’s Christian Temperance Union monument rededicated
March 7, 2014
Manzanita Parlor No. 29, Native Daughters of the Golden West, will hold a rededication of the Women's Christian Temperance Union (W.C.T.U.) plaque at 2 p.m. o, March 23. Mason Rick Trathen constructed the historical monument, which is located on Neal Street, between Mill and South Church streets. The plaque was first dedicated in 1926 to recognize the first W.C.T.U. Episcopal and Methodist ladies union in the state of California established March 25,1874.
In case of rain, arrangements have been made to meet at Wesley Hall, United Methodist Church, 236 S.Church St., Grass Valley. The public is invited.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws