NCTV extends deadline for screenplay contest
April 11, 2014
The submission deadline for NCTV's Here in Nevada County screenplay contest has been extended to 5 p.m., April 21. Here in Nevada County is a screenwriting contest culminating into a short film production. The contest is open to local and surrounding-area residents who can submit a 10-page screenplay related to Nevada County. The cost is $20 per entry.
"We had a lot of interest in our screen-writing classes and added extra ones," said Station Manager Cheryl Noble. "We pushed out our submission deadline a week to accommodate those still working on their entries. For anyone who's ever thought about writing a movie, there's still time to get in the contest."
The contest is being led by local filmmaker Gerald Davenport. Entry forms and information can be found at http://www.nevadacountytv.org, "Annual Screenplay Contest." Screenplays can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Entries will be reviewed by a panel of local writing professionals who will select 10 screenplays for the winning selection. Once the 10 finalists are announced in mid-May, there will be a cast and crew call to produce and create a 10-minute film from the screenplay. This is an opportunity for local talent of many levels, including actors, producers, directors, editors and camera operators, to volunteer and be a part of the filmmaking process.
Finished films are due the first week of September with a premiere to be held in October at a local theater. The films will vie for the producer's choice and audience choice awards.
Here in Nevada County is a collaboration between NCTV, Breckport Media Solutions and Aria Pictures.
A nonprofit organization, Nevada County Television has been broadcasting in the community for 20 years. Its mission is to encourage civic participation through free speech, teach youth skills for their future and to provide community-building through coverage of diverse local events.
The office and studio are located at 134 E. Main St. in downtown Grass Valley. NCTV broadcasts on Comcast channel 11 and on Suddenlink channel 16. Government meetings are broadcast on channel 17 for Comcast and Suddenlink. Programs can also be seen on the station's website at http://www.nevadacountytv.org.
For more information, call 272-8862 or visit http://www.nevadacountytv.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip