Natural resource specialist shares travel highlights
January 18, 2013
Ohio by way of Texas? South Dakota by way of Utah. So much to see and so little time. Over the past 23 years Chris Conard has driven from Sacramento to 37 states and four provinces. Conrad will be the guest speaker at the Sierra Foothills Audubon Society's meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 7 in the Community Room of the Madelyn Helling Library in Nevada City. This program of photos and short videos will highlight some of the travels, uncomfortable nights and wonderful sunrises. The main subject will be the birds, other wildlife and natural areas seen, with a focus on trips to Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Like a road trip, there will be a lot to see at a fast pace.
Conard is a Natural Resource Specialist at the Bufferlands of the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District. He regularly leads field trips for Sacramento Audubon, serves as the Sacramento County editor for North American Birds, and just became president of the Central Valley Bird Club. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans