National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association to meet
January 10, 2013
The next meeting of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) Chapter 1335 will be on Thursday at the LinQ Chinese Buffet, 682 Freeman Lane, Grass Valley. Social hour begins at 11:15 a.m., with a buffet lunch at noon. The program starts at 12:30 p.m.
This month, NARFE welcomes guest speaker Victor Ferrera, program manager of the Nevada County Office of Emergency Services. Ferrera will brief the group on emergency preparedness in Nevada County and on programs available to assist seniors. A chapter business meeting will be held following the program.
NARFE's objective is to protect retirement and related benefits for current and retired federal employees. It also actively supports Alzheimer's research. All active and retired federal employees and their spouses are eligible to join NARFE and are welcome to attend chapter meetings held at noon, the second Thursday each month, currently at LinQ Chinese Buffet.
The local chapter meetings also serve as an opportunity for retirees to socialize and to hear programs of general interest or of value to members. A benefit of membership is timely updates on policy actions affecting Federal employees and retirees.
Reservations for lunch are not necessary. For more information on the luncheon or program, call Larry Kinkor, (530) 265-6477. If you are not interested in having lunch but would like to hear the program, the business meeting starts at about 12:30 p.m. with the speaker being the first item on the agenda. If you would like to attend the meeting but do not have transportation, call Larry Kinkor at (530) 265-6477.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws