Mudslide coses westbound I-80 near state line
July 30, 2013
A mud slide triggered by summertime rainstorms late Thursday afternoon closed westbound Interstate 80 about four miles west of the California-Nevada border, according to the Department of Transportation.
The slide occurred at around 3:30 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol website.
Caltrans crews were en route to the mudslide, which is covering the westbound lanes at Farad with mud and debris. Westbound traffic was being held at the stateline and one eastbound lane was closed to allow westbound traffic to turn around.
The estimated time of reopening was about 8:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- Craft Guild’s ‘Winterfaire’ this weekend at Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation