Mudslide coses westbound I-80 near state line
July 30, 2013
A mud slide triggered by summertime rainstorms late Thursday afternoon closed westbound Interstate 80 about four miles west of the California-Nevada border, according to the Department of Transportation.
The slide occurred at around 3:30 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol website.
Caltrans crews were en route to the mudslide, which is covering the westbound lanes at Farad with mud and debris. Westbound traffic was being held at the stateline and one eastbound lane was closed to allow westbound traffic to turn around.
The estimated time of reopening was about 8:30 p.m.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council