Mother-Daughter Circle Group
February 18, 2013
Pictured above from top left to right are Heather Riley, Taya Riley, Miranda Wolfers, Michelle Bernal, Anna Bernal, Jennifer Brown, Sharyn Turner, Barbara Jensen, Casey McCormick, Brook Clark, and Scarlett Brown.
Communication skills, friendship, and fun were the themes of the Mother-Daughter Circle group at the PARTNERS Family Resource Center at Ready Springs School. Four moms and five daughters recently completed the program which was co-sponsored by Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills. Led by facilitators Sharyn Turner and Casey McCormick, this innovative, six-session program included discussion, role plays, learning how to problem solve effectively, and dinner.
"The response from participants was really positive," said Casey McCormick. "They said that the group helped their relationships and that they want to come back for a Circle reunion soon." PARTNERS network of Family Resource Centers is funded through Nevada County Safe Schools Healthy Students and First Five grants.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local