Mother-Daughter Circle Group
February 18, 2013
Pictured above from top left to right are Heather Riley, Taya Riley, Miranda Wolfers, Michelle Bernal, Anna Bernal, Jennifer Brown, Sharyn Turner, Barbara Jensen, Casey McCormick, Brook Clark, and Scarlett Brown.
Communication skills, friendship, and fun were the themes of the Mother-Daughter Circle group at the PARTNERS Family Resource Center at Ready Springs School. Four moms and five daughters recently completed the program which was co-sponsored by Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills. Led by facilitators Sharyn Turner and Casey McCormick, this innovative, six-session program included discussion, role plays, learning how to problem solve effectively, and dinner.
"The response from participants was really positive," said Casey McCormick. "They said that the group helped their relationships and that they want to come back for a Circle reunion soon." PARTNERS network of Family Resource Centers is funded through Nevada County Safe Schools Healthy Students and First Five grants.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Flea market at Bear River High this Saturday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker