Mental health support group to meet
May 8, 2013
Our Voices Matter, a support group for people with mental health challenges and family members is scheduled to meet from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. Sponsored by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (better known as NAMI) and the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, Other Voices Matter is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County. Participants are invited to share personal or family members' experiences or to simply listen.
For more information, contact Scottie Hart at 530-272-5022 and visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws