Mental health support group to meet
May 8, 2013
Our Voices Matter, a support group for people with mental health challenges and family members is scheduled to meet from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. Sponsored by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (better known as NAMI) and the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, Other Voices Matter is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County. Participants are invited to share personal or family members' experiences or to simply listen.
For more information, contact Scottie Hart at 530-272-5022 and visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship