Mental health support group to meet
May 8, 2013
Our Voices Matter, a support group for people with mental health challenges and family members is scheduled to meet from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. Sponsored by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (better known as NAMI) and the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, Other Voices Matter is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County. Participants are invited to share personal or family members' experiences or to simply listen.
For more information, contact Scottie Hart at 530-272-5022 and visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Travel Talk at Madelyn Helling Library in Nevada City
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- Guest speaker to address mistreatment of raptors