Mental health support group to meet
May 8, 2013
Our Voices Matter, a support group for people with mental health challenges and family members is scheduled to meet from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley. Sponsored by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (better known as NAMI) and the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, Other Voices Matter is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County. Participants are invited to share personal or family members' experiences or to simply listen.
For more information, contact Scottie Hart at 530-272-5022 and visit http://www.SpiritPeerEmpowermentCenter.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local