Meckler’s Citizens for Self-Governance helps file suit against IRS
May 21, 2013
Citizens for Self-Governance, an organization founded by Nevada County resident Mark Meckler — who co-founded the Tea Party Patriots — will be assisting local groups in filing class action litigation that includes requests for damages against the IRS for illegal and harassing behavior in the handling and processing of their applications for non-profit status.
"We stand shoulder to shoulder with all those known and unknown who have been abused by a federal government run amok," Meckler said in a prepared statement. "Instead of just playing defense, it is time for the citizens to go on offense. We are, after all, 'We the People.' And when the federal government runs amok, it is up to us rein it in. Neither party in Congress can be relied upon to satisfactorily resolve this issue. They created the IRS, fund the IRS, and oversee the IRS. All of this abuse happened on their watch."
Mark Meckler will be holding a press conference today at the National Press Club in Washington D.C., and will be joined by a representative of the lead plaintiff in the suit, Ginny Rapini, president of the NorCal Tea Party.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier