Mature driving program open to veterans
December 26, 2012
The AARP Mature Driver Safety Program is doing a special promotion for veterans. During the month of November, veterans and/or their spouses may take the AARP Mature Driver Safety Class (normally for drivers 50 years old and older) for free. Classes normally cost $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members.
If you have never taken the class before, you should register for the eight-hour class to take place Nov. 5 and 6 (12:30 to 4:30 p.m. both days). If you have taken the eight-hour class within the last four years, register for the four-hour renewal class to take place Nov. 12 from 12:30 to 5 p.m. Non-veterans are welcome to take the class as well. Please call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273 to register for any class.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death