Mature driving program open to veterans
December 26, 2012
The AARP Mature Driver Safety Program is doing a special promotion for veterans. During the month of November, veterans and/or their spouses may take the AARP Mature Driver Safety Class (normally for drivers 50 years old and older) for free. Classes normally cost $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members.
If you have never taken the class before, you should register for the eight-hour class to take place Nov. 5 and 6 (12:30 to 4:30 p.m. both days). If you have taken the eight-hour class within the last four years, register for the four-hour renewal class to take place Nov. 12 from 12:30 to 5 p.m. Non-veterans are welcome to take the class as well. Please call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273 to register for any class.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Grocery Outlet raises the bar in helping the hungry in Nevada County
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants