Mature driving program open to veterans
December 26, 2012
The AARP Mature Driver Safety Program is doing a special promotion for veterans. During the month of November, veterans and/or their spouses may take the AARP Mature Driver Safety Class (normally for drivers 50 years old and older) for free. Classes normally cost $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members.
If you have never taken the class before, you should register for the eight-hour class to take place Nov. 5 and 6 (12:30 to 4:30 p.m. both days). If you have taken the eight-hour class within the last four years, register for the four-hour renewal class to take place Nov. 12 from 12:30 to 5 p.m. Non-veterans are welcome to take the class as well. Please call HelpLine at (530) 273-2273 to register for any class.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Partners in English Language Learning seeks volunteer tutors in Nevada County
- Grass Valley shelter overrun with cats, needs families, donations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton