Lost in a crowd
January 29, 2013
Hundreds of Western Nevada County residents with limited English language skills often feel lost in a crowd when making medical appointments, speaking to doctors and nurses, talking to their children's teachers, filling out job applications, asking for directions, or reading labels. These hard-working and motivated people represent a growing number of adults living in our community who want to learn or improve their English speaking, understanding, reading, and writing skills.
Partners in English Language Learning (PiELL) offers free individualized language instruction for non-English speaking adult residents of Western Nevada County. Trained tutors meet students one-on-one, at a time and place that is mutually convenient.
If you would like to learn or improve your English, call us at 530-274-8428.
¿Se siente perdido porque no entiende lo que le dicen? Desearía poder hablar con su jefe, su médico, la maestro de sus hijos? Llámenos al 530-274-8428.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom