Lost in a crowd
January 29, 2013
Hundreds of Western Nevada County residents with limited English language skills often feel lost in a crowd when making medical appointments, speaking to doctors and nurses, talking to their children's teachers, filling out job applications, asking for directions, or reading labels. These hard-working and motivated people represent a growing number of adults living in our community who want to learn or improve their English speaking, understanding, reading, and writing skills.
Partners in English Language Learning (PiELL) offers free individualized language instruction for non-English speaking adult residents of Western Nevada County. Trained tutors meet students one-on-one, at a time and place that is mutually convenient.
If you would like to learn or improve your English, call us at 530-274-8428.
¿Se siente perdido porque no entiende lo que le dicen? Desearía poder hablar con su jefe, su médico, la maestro de sus hijos? Llámenos al 530-274-8428.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death