Local women advance to pageant regionals
July 10, 2014
Photo submitted by Melisa Mistler-Yates.
The new queens for the West Coast Pageant were announced July 4. Winners include Miss West Coast Ambassador Candis Meetra Dastmalchi of Sacramento; Ms. West Coast Ambassador Lisa D. Taylor of Citrus Heights; Mrs. West Coast Ambassador Camille Calhoon of Grass Valley; and Humanitarian West Coast Ambassador Melisa Mistler-Yates of Grass Valley.
The coronation was held at the Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn during the annual Little Miss Firecracker pageant. The four women have earned new titles as a result of their exemplarity service to their local charities and community organizations.
All four of the West Coast title holders were sponsored by M3 Mall in Grass Valley, a beauty and wellness studio that sponsors in fundraising for local nonprofits. M3 Mall has sponsored beauty queens as a way to showcase service and volunteerism since their opening in 2009. The pageant winners will be serving alongside a variety of "pageant sisters" for the next year. More photos are available at http://www.facebook.com/m3mall. Pictured above, three of the four new West Coast Queens adorn matching crowns with purple sashes. From left are Lisa D Taylor, Candis Meetra Dastmalchi and Melisa Mistler-Yates. Not pictured is Camille Calhoon.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death