Local physical therapist recognized by health institute
April 23, 2013
The Evidence In Motion Institute of Health Professions recognized John Seivert of Body Logic Physical Therapy for completion of the postprofessional doctorate of physical therapy in musculoskeletal management program.
The 18-month educational program provides training to physical therapists in the evidence-based management of patients with musculoskeletal issues.
"Our postprofessional DPT program is the bridge between a bachelor's or a master's and a doctorate," said institute owner Timothy Flynn.
"The postprofessional DPT allows physical therapists to fast forward their clinical expertise in musculoskeletal physical therapy practice and stay competitive in today's rapidly changing healthcare environment."
The curricula utilizes a combination of online didactic and collaborative education experiences in a series of weekend intensive on-sites to demonstrate a best-in-education approach, the exact approach EIM was founded on and that it has used to graduate nearly 200 physical therapists in its APTA credentialed residency and fellowship programs.
"The greatest benefit of the postprofessional DPT program is the current level of evidence-based medicine studied, discussed and practiced amongst us graduates in the program," said Sievert.
"We have spent hundreds of hours and up to two years studying the latest research, practicing the best techniques to improve function, and using the latest most up to date exercise interventions to improve compliance in orthopedic manual therapy so that we can be more effective therapists for our patients."
Seivert has developed strong knowledge of evidence-based treatment and has demonstrated the ability to integrate this knowledge into his clinical practice at Body Logic Physical Therapy.
Not only will he strengthen his practice by raising the bar for his colleagues, but will also be able to improve the outcomes of his patients with evidence‐based treatments, he said.
For more information, visit http://www.evidenceinmotion.com or call 1-888-709-7096.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier