Local businesswomen support economic justice for women and girls
October 24, 2013
Join the Business Professional Women of Nevada County for a Nov. 20 program that highlights two local women whose businesses and life practices support women and girls in developing nations. Peggy Peterson of Asylum Down and Yabobo and Eileen Jorgensen of The Magic Carpet — all well-known downtown Nevada City shops — will share their journeys that have benefitted women and girls in Africa, India, Afghanistan, Nepal and Pakistan.
Plan now to attend and bring your friends Wednesday,
Social/networking hour begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 6 p.m. Nov. 20 at Jim E's Club 141, 141 E. Main St., Grass Valley. Check our website at http://bpwnevadacounty.org, or contact Kim Wydra at 530-432-2591 or by email at email@example.com to RSVP or for information.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed