Lifeguard training offered
February 23, 2013
Nevada City Parks and Recreation and Northern Sierra Aquatics are partnering to offer lifeguard training to anyone who is at least 15 years old, is a strong swimmer, enjoys working with children and is able to work outdoors. Lifeguarding is a rewarding job as well as great training for future employment. Lifeguards learn about professionalism, decision-making, teamwork, leadership, customer service and, most importantly, how to save lives. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Course will be offered during spring break (March 25 through 29) at Memorial Park Pool. Registration is due March 7.
If you have questions about lifeguard training, call Nevada City Parks and Recreation at 530-265-2496, ext. 129.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County