Lifeguard training offered
February 23, 2013
Nevada City Parks and Recreation and Northern Sierra Aquatics are partnering to offer lifeguard training to anyone who is at least 15 years old, is a strong swimmer, enjoys working with children and is able to work outdoors. Lifeguarding is a rewarding job as well as great training for future employment. Lifeguards learn about professionalism, decision-making, teamwork, leadership, customer service and, most importantly, how to save lives. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Course will be offered during spring break (March 25 through 29) at Memorial Park Pool. Registration is due March 7.
If you have questions about lifeguard training, call Nevada City Parks and Recreation at 530-265-2496, ext. 129.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier