Lifeguard training offered
February 23, 2013
Nevada City Parks and Recreation and Northern Sierra Aquatics are partnering to offer lifeguard training to anyone who is at least 15 years old, is a strong swimmer, enjoys working with children and is able to work outdoors. Lifeguarding is a rewarding job as well as great training for future employment. Lifeguards learn about professionalism, decision-making, teamwork, leadership, customer service and, most importantly, how to save lives. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Course will be offered during spring break (March 25 through 29) at Memorial Park Pool. Registration is due March 7.
If you have questions about lifeguard training, call Nevada City Parks and Recreation at 530-265-2496, ext. 129.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table