Lifeguard training offered
February 23, 2013
Nevada City Parks and Recreation and Northern Sierra Aquatics are partnering to offer lifeguard training to anyone who is at least 15 years old, is a strong swimmer, enjoys working with children and is able to work outdoors. Lifeguarding is a rewarding job as well as great training for future employment. Lifeguards learn about professionalism, decision-making, teamwork, leadership, customer service and, most importantly, how to save lives. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Course will be offered during spring break (March 25 through 29) at Memorial Park Pool. Registration is due March 7.
If you have questions about lifeguard training, call Nevada City Parks and Recreation at 530-265-2496, ext. 129.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local