Lifeguard training offered
February 23, 2013
Nevada City Parks and Recreation and Northern Sierra Aquatics are partnering to offer lifeguard training to anyone who is at least 15 years old, is a strong swimmer, enjoys working with children and is able to work outdoors. Lifeguarding is a rewarding job as well as great training for future employment. Lifeguards learn about professionalism, decision-making, teamwork, leadership, customer service and, most importantly, how to save lives. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Course will be offered during spring break (March 25 through 29) at Memorial Park Pool. Registration is due March 7.
If you have questions about lifeguard training, call Nevada City Parks and Recreation at 530-265-2496, ext. 129.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- CHP: Rough and Ready woman dies in ATV wreck
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (video)
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations (VIDEO)