Library service available for home-bound individuals
May 21, 2013
The Nevada County Library Book Buddy Program provides library materials to Nevada County residents who cannot come to the library.
This service, provided free of charge, is one on one between the Book Buddy volunteer and the home-bound individual. The Book Buddy delivers and picks up materials for the home-bound individual.
Materials available are books, magazines, audio books on CD, large print books and movies (on tape or DVD).
If you don’t have a current library card, you will be provided with an application. You need only some type of photo ID. Those eligible include the handicapped, elderly, chronically ill, temporarily ill or injured with confinement to last six months.
The Outreach Book Buddy coordinator notes the special interests of each home-bound patron in an initial interview. Some patrons request specific titles, while others leave it to their Book Buddy to choose materials based on the profile created during the interview.
If you or someone you know could benefit from this service, please contact the Nevada County Library administrative office at 530-265-1407.
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping