League of Women Voters to host congressional candidate forum
April 9, 2014
In advance of the midterm election on June 3, the League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County will host a forum for the candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives from 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, May 1, in the chambers of the Nevada County board of supervisors at the Rood Center on Maidu Avenue.
The candidates are incumbent Doug La Malfa and challengers Dan Levine, Gregory Cheadle and Heidi Hall of Grass Valley. Only Gregory Cheadle and Heidi Hall have confirmed their attendance.
Questions will be submitted by reporters from The Union, YubaNet, KNCO and KVMR. Questions from the audience will be solicited on cards and sorted to eliminate duplication.
The public is invited, and admission is free.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. It never supports or opposes any political party or candidate. The League endeavors to enable the electorate to make informed decisions.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom