League of Women Voters to host congressional candidate forum
April 9, 2014
In advance of the midterm election on June 3, the League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County will host a forum for the candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives from 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, May 1, in the chambers of the Nevada County board of supervisors at the Rood Center on Maidu Avenue.
The candidates are incumbent Doug La Malfa and challengers Dan Levine, Gregory Cheadle and Heidi Hall of Grass Valley. Only Gregory Cheadle and Heidi Hall have confirmed their attendance.
Questions will be submitted by reporters from The Union, YubaNet, KNCO and KVMR. Questions from the audience will be solicited on cards and sorted to eliminate duplication.
The public is invited, and admission is free.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. It never supports or opposes any political party or candidate. The League endeavors to enable the electorate to make informed decisions.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Lake Wildwood Women’s Exchange ‘closet swap’ CoRR fundraiser
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Intero Children’s Charity Fundraiser set for Saturday in Grass Valley
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball