League of Women Voters hosts forum on public pension funding
April 10, 2014
The League of Women Voters will host a forum on April 12 titled "Public Pensions Funding 101: Key Terms and Concepts." The guest speakers will provide descriptions of how public pension programs for government workers vary widely at the local, state and national levels. They'll answer questions about what is working well and what may need to be changed in the future. The meeting will be held at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 West Main St., Grass Valley. Refreshments are at 9:30 a.m., the meeting at 10 a.m. The meetings are always open to the public.
The league's annual fundraiser has begun. You can contribute by sending a check to the League at LWVWNC, P.O. Box 1306, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public