Language instruction available for non-English-speaking adults
April 22, 2013
Lost in a crowd — this is how hundreds of western Nevada County residents with limited English language skills feel when making medical appointments, speaking to doctors and nurses, talking to their children's teachers, filling out job applications, asking for directions or reading labels. These hard-working and motivated people represent a growing number of adults living in our community who want to learn or improve their English speaking, understanding, reading, and writing skills.
Partners in English Language Learning offers free individualized language instruction for non-English-speaking adult residents of western Nevada County. Our trained tutors meet students one on one at a time and place that is mutually convenient.
If you would like to learn or improve your English, call us at 530-274-8428.
¿Se siente perdido porque no entiende lo que le dicen? Desearía poder hablar con su jefe, su médico, la maestro de sus hijos? Llámenos al 530-274-8428.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges