LaMalfa staffer sets up satellite office
September 13, 2013
Congressman Doug LaMalfa’s field Representative, Jennifer Horne, will be holding a satellite office in the Northstar Conference Room, located in the County Executive Office, in the Rood Government Center from 8-11 a.m. on Tuesday.
In other county news:
Nevada County Health and Human Services Agency will honoring local agencies and individuals from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, at the Gold Miner’s Inn in Grass Valley, as part of this year’s Community Partner Awards. Awardees include Child Advocates of Nevada County in the category of Community Organizations and Nevada County Probation/Juvenile Hall representing Government/Businesses. Individuals to be honored include Alison Schwedner, director of the Community Collaborative of Tahoe Truckee and Gustavo Cabrera, Truckee teen advocate.
These institutions and individuals are being acknowledged for their dedicated work in creating healthy communities and improving the health and welfare of the county’s residents.
Nationally, as many as one out of 10 students miss 10 percent of the school year in excused and unexcused absences every year.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit