KVMR brings back ‘The Cannabis Crusades’
July 22, 2013
"The Cannabis Crusades" returns to KVMR, 89.5 FM, Friday for two hours of informative discussion from noon to 2 p.m.
The featured guests will include Michael Krawitz, the executive director of Veterans for Medical Cannabis. Krawitz was a plaintiff in the suit that Americans for Safe Access brought against the DEA to reschedule marijuana on the Controlled Substances Act that is heading to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Steve Eubanks, a member of the Political Outreach Committee of the NCDCC, will make an important announcement concerning the party's Unity in Community campaign.
Local attorney Stephen Munkelt will be on hand during the second hour to discuss how the NCSO has been conducting code compliance checks this season and what rights you have when they show up on your doorstep. As an incentive for new or renewing KVMR supporters, Munkelt has offered a one-hour consultation to the first three pledges of $250 or more.
Host Patricia Smith and producer Martin Webb will discuss the long road that has led ASA-NC to petition for a special election to replace the current cannabis ordinance. If the measure qualifies, voters will have the last say on medical marijuana cultivation in Nevada County.
ASA-NC will have volunteers stationed from noon to 4 p.m. Friday at the BriarPatch Food Co-op, Mother Truckers, the Holiday Market in Lake Wildwood and the SPD in Nevada City to collect signatures on the petition.
Listeners are encouraged to email their questions about the current ordinance or the initiative that would replace it to email@example.com. Time permitting, questions will be answered on air.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier