Keane Sommers to head NID’s hydro department
July 17, 2013
Nevada Irrigation District General Manager Rem Scherzinger has announced the promotion of Keane Sommers to the position of NID Hydroelectric Manager.
In his new position, Sommers will lead a staff of 17 that operates NID’s Yuba-Bear Power Project, which includes eight reservoirs, four hydroelectric power plants and related facilities.
Sommers joined NID’s Engineering Department in 2007 as an associate engineer. He is a registered civil engineer who holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Nevada, Reno, and a master’s in civil/environmental engineering from UC Davis.
He has been on temporary assignment for the past year and is currently heading the emergency pipeline repair at Bowman Reservoir dam.
Sommers resides with his family in Grass Valley.
Trending In: News Briefs
- YRCS Education Foundation ‘Fun Run’ partners with Sierra Harvest
- Drone View: Nevada City’s brilliant fall colors captured over Pioneer Park Sunday
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) wait list is open
- Nevada County teachers awarded grants for classrooms