Juried art show of the state fair recognizes Nevada City artist
July 1, 2013
California Fine Art, the juried art show of the California State Fair, awarded the Valley Sculpture Artists Award to Nevada City artist Faye Schoolcraft.
Open to California artists aged 18 and older, the 2013 competition received more than 1,500 entries to the overall California Fine Art exhibition. Awards will be presented to the artists at a 10 a.m. ceremony July 13 during the California State Fair. The California Fine Art exhibit, located in Expo Center Building 7, will be open each day of the State Fair, beginning July 12 through July 28. Many of the artworks in the exhibit are available for sale. In addition to the art show, Expo Center Building 7 will feature live art demonstrations every day of the fair.
Schoolcraft's work can be viewed at http:// fayeschoolcraft.com. For a complete list of award winners, visit the State Fair website at http://bigfun.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom