Juried art show of the state fair recognizes Nevada City artist
July 1, 2013
California Fine Art, the juried art show of the California State Fair, awarded the Valley Sculpture Artists Award to Nevada City artist Faye Schoolcraft.
Open to California artists aged 18 and older, the 2013 competition received more than 1,500 entries to the overall California Fine Art exhibition. Awards will be presented to the artists at a 10 a.m. ceremony July 13 during the California State Fair. The California Fine Art exhibit, located in Expo Center Building 7, will be open each day of the State Fair, beginning July 12 through July 28. Many of the artworks in the exhibit are available for sale. In addition to the art show, Expo Center Building 7 will feature live art demonstrations every day of the fair.
Schoolcraft's work can be viewed at http:// fayeschoolcraft.com. For a complete list of award winners, visit the State Fair website at http://bigfun.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Flea market at Bear River High this Saturday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit