Juried art show of the state fair recognizes Nevada City artist
July 1, 2013
California Fine Art, the juried art show of the California State Fair, awarded the Valley Sculpture Artists Award to Nevada City artist Faye Schoolcraft.
Open to California artists aged 18 and older, the 2013 competition received more than 1,500 entries to the overall California Fine Art exhibition. Awards will be presented to the artists at a 10 a.m. ceremony July 13 during the California State Fair. The California Fine Art exhibit, located in Expo Center Building 7, will be open each day of the State Fair, beginning July 12 through July 28. Many of the artworks in the exhibit are available for sale. In addition to the art show, Expo Center Building 7 will feature live art demonstrations every day of the fair.
Schoolcraft's work can be viewed at http:// fayeschoolcraft.com. For a complete list of award winners, visit the State Fair website at http://bigfun.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton