Juried art show of the state fair recognizes Nevada City artist
July 1, 2013
California Fine Art, the juried art show of the California State Fair, awarded the Valley Sculpture Artists Award to Nevada City artist Faye Schoolcraft.
Open to California artists aged 18 and older, the 2013 competition received more than 1,500 entries to the overall California Fine Art exhibition. Awards will be presented to the artists at a 10 a.m. ceremony July 13 during the California State Fair. The California Fine Art exhibit, located in Expo Center Building 7, will be open each day of the State Fair, beginning July 12 through July 28. Many of the artworks in the exhibit are available for sale. In addition to the art show, Expo Center Building 7 will feature live art demonstrations every day of the fair.
Schoolcraft's work can be viewed at http:// fayeschoolcraft.com. For a complete list of award winners, visit the State Fair website at http://bigfun.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball