Join Yuba Watershed Institute to explore Bird Biology
June 13, 2013
Explore bird biology
Join Yuba Watershed Institute for Bird Biology with David Lukas from 7 to 8:30 p.m. June 28 at the Gene Albaugh Community Room at the Madelyn Helling Library. This is an opportunity to learn about bird flight and anatomy with birding expert David Lukas. His talk will explore bird feathers, bones, and muscles to help us understand how birds live and do what they do. At the end of the evening you will never see birds in the same way again, according to organizers.
Lukas studies all aspects of the natural world, with a special emphasis on the Sierra Nevada. His many articles have appeared in local and national magazines and newspapers. He has taught thousands of people through his classes and programs. He is also the author of the essential guide book Sierra Nevada Birds.
There is a suggested donation of $10 for this talk.
For more infromation, visit http://www.bylt.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Lake Wildwood Women’s Exchange ‘closet swap’ CoRR fundraiser
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball