Jobs the focus of The League of Women Voters meeting
January 10, 2013
The theme of The League of Women Voters' Jan. 12 meeting will be "Job$: EmployABILITY in Nevada County."
Guest Speakers include Chris Hinderman, career education liaisson, Sierra College; Paula Stephan, program manager, 49er Regional Occupational Program; and Alice Johnson, career development consultant, One Stop Business and Career Center.
The purpose of the meeting is to increase awareness of what is available locally and the importance of obtaining a job skill that will make a person valuable to a prospective employer. The meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 12 at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 West Main St., Grass Valley.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. For more information, visit http://www.lwvwnc.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County