Jobs the focus of The League of Women Voters meeting
January 10, 2013
The theme of The League of Women Voters' Jan. 12 meeting will be "Job$: EmployABILITY in Nevada County."
Guest Speakers include Chris Hinderman, career education liaisson, Sierra College; Paula Stephan, program manager, 49er Regional Occupational Program; and Alice Johnson, career development consultant, One Stop Business and Career Center.
The purpose of the meeting is to increase awareness of what is available locally and the importance of obtaining a job skill that will make a person valuable to a prospective employer. The meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 12 at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 West Main St., Grass Valley.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. For more information, visit http://www.lwvwnc.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier