Jewish community hosts Deli Nite fundraiser
September 19, 2013
Congregation B'nai Harim at the Nevada County Jewish Community Center is hosting its annual All You Can Eat Deli Nite on Saturday, from 5-8 p.m. at the Nevada City Elks Lodge, 518 State Highway 49. The Deli Nite features traditional New York style Jewish deli food, including pastrami, corned beef, salami, kosher hot dogs, authentic rye bread, potato salad, cole slaw, pickles, sauerkraut and New York cheesecake. Coffee and soft drinks are included and beer and wine is available. This authentic food is specially ordered and flown in and is not available anywhere else in Northern California. To make the evening even more special, pianist Joe Hammel will be playing Big Band hits.
Tickets are $25 for adults ($30 at the door), $15 for children younger than 12 and children 3 and younger are free. Tickets are on sale at Briar Patch and The Bookseller.
This annual event is a fundraiser for the Nevada County Jewish Community Center and was inspired by the dream to create a traditional New York style Jewish Deli for one special night, right here in Nevada County. For many folks from New York and Los Angeles, this food is quite nostalgic. For those folks who have never had an opportunity to experience this fantastic cuisine, this is a remarkable opportunity.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say