Hospitality House wreaths for sale
December 26, 2012
More than two dozen homeless guests of Hospitality House have made wreaths with fresh rosemary picked from their own shelter's garden. Grapevines were donated by local vineyards and Dan Rhinehart to make the bases for the wreaths. The rosemary kitchen wreath-making project was so much fun and such a success that our guests have requested to do it again at Utah's Place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
The wreaths are now available for sale at Kitkitdizzi on Broad Street in Nevada City and Make Local Habit on Mill Street in Grass Valley.
Due to the quality of the creative work, several have already been sold. Hospitality House also hopes to have them at Cornish Christmas and Victorian Christmas if volunteers are available to manage the tables. Some of the guests have expressed interest in helping out with that, too. Spaces have been reserved at both events.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City