Hospital gift shop announces new name
September 23, 2013
Photo submitted by Cathy Corliss
A contest was recently held for employees and volunteers at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital to "Name the Gift Shop." Over 50 entries were received and the winner was Jo Nunnink, an employee in Environmental Services. Jo's winning entry, along with a slogan depicting the gift shop's mission is: "Pine Tree Gift Shop – the gift shop that gives back!"
The Pine Tree Gift Shop is now featuring new fall merchandise and gifts and is offering gift certificates to customers as part of its expanding services. Items are on hand for holiday gift giving, as well as year-round See's candy purchases. Watch for the opening of Winter Wonderland on Monday, Nov. 4.
Above, Jo Nunnink, received a $50 gift certificate from Gift Shop Coordinator Cathy Corliss.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)