Hospice ‘Tree of Love’ remembers loved ones lost
November 19, 2013
During the busy holiday season Friends of Hospice is gathering together to ready for the annual "Tree of Love" lighting at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Hooper & Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City. The lighted tree can be viewed throughout the month of December from Highway 49. Each light will represent a remembrance of a loved one lost. In addition, Friends of Hospice will be mailing more than 5,000 donation request letters to members of the community, which can be returned with a message written upon a small paper tree. These will be displayed on "Holiday Memorial Trees" located at the hospice facility as well as hospice thrift centers.
Volunteers are needed help with fundraising events that benefit Hospice of the Foothills. For information on this all-volunteer organization, call Friends of Hospice at 530-247-5121.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death