Hospice ‘Tree of Love’ remembers loved ones lost
November 19, 2013
During the busy holiday season Friends of Hospice is gathering together to ready for the annual “Tree of Love” lighting at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Hooper & Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City. The lighted tree can be viewed throughout the month of December from Highway 49. Each light will represent a remembrance of a loved one lost. In addition, Friends of Hospice will be mailing more than 5,000 donation request letters to members of the community, which can be returned with a message written upon a small paper tree. These will be displayed on “Holiday Memorial Trees” located at the hospice facility as well as hospice thrift centers.
Volunteers are needed help with fundraising events that benefit Hospice of the Foothills. For information on this all-volunteer organization, call Friends of Hospice at 530-247-5121.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location