Hospice ‘Tree of Love’ remembers loved ones lost
November 19, 2013
During the busy holiday season Friends of Hospice is gathering together to ready for the annual "Tree of Love" lighting at 5:30 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Hooper & Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City. The lighted tree can be viewed throughout the month of December from Highway 49. Each light will represent a remembrance of a loved one lost. In addition, Friends of Hospice will be mailing more than 5,000 donation request letters to members of the community, which can be returned with a message written upon a small paper tree. These will be displayed on "Holiday Memorial Trees" located at the hospice facility as well as hospice thrift centers.
Volunteers are needed help with fundraising events that benefit Hospice of the Foothills. For information on this all-volunteer organization, call Friends of Hospice at 530-247-5121.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- Grocery Outlet raises the bar in helping the hungry in Nevada County
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash