Hospice of the Foothills receives donation from Alta Sierra Women’s Golf Club
June 25, 2013
Hospice of the Foothills has received a donation in the amount of $13,600 from the Alta Sierra Women's Golf Club.
On April 14, the club held its sixth annual Charity Golf Tournament with Hospice of the Foothills chosen as this year's beneficiary. The event was completely sold out with 144 golfers, and it was the first time that guests, sponsors and Hospice of the Foothills team members were invited to participate in the golfing.
Local business members and private citizens supported the event with tee sponsorship, "in memory of" green sponsorship, chipping and putting contests, on-course libations, donations of products and services and a silent auction. Vanessa Bengston and Mark Waters, executive director and development director of Hospice of the Foothills, were on hand to accept the donation. With community support, Hospice of the Foothills is able to provide compassionate hospice care, programs and services to the community, regardless of ability to pay. For more information about Hospice of the Foothills, visit http://www.hofo.org or call 530-272-5739.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship