Hospice of the Foothills receives donation from Alta Sierra Women’s Golf Club
June 25, 2013
Hospice of the Foothills has received a donation in the amount of $13,600 from the Alta Sierra Women’s Golf Club.
On April 14, the club held its sixth annual Charity Golf Tournament with Hospice of the Foothills chosen as this year’s beneficiary. The event was completely sold out with 144 golfers, and it was the first time that guests, sponsors and Hospice of the Foothills team members were invited to participate in the golfing.
Local business members and private citizens supported the event with tee sponsorship, “in memory of” green sponsorship, chipping and putting contests, on-course libations, donations of products and services and a silent auction. Vanessa Bengston and Mark Waters, executive director and development director of Hospice of the Foothills, were on hand to accept the donation. With community support, Hospice of the Foothills is able to provide compassionate hospice care, programs and services to the community, regardless of ability to pay. For more information about Hospice of the Foothills, visit http://www.hofo.org or call 530-272-5739.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows