Holiday pet parade, Christmas raffle set for Dec. 1
December 31, 2012
The holidays are upon us, and that means it's time, once again, for the Holiday Pet Parade! The Sierra County Animal Relief Fund invites all pet owners to bring their festively dressed pets to this fun-filled event. The parade will take place at 1 p.m. Dec. 1 in front of Sierra Hardware in downtown Downieville. Everyone is welcome, and all entrants will receive a Petco Gift Card. Please have your pet on a leash, lead rope or otherwise contained. Please make sure that all young animals have their first set of vaccinations.
The Animal Relief Fund will have a raffle drawing with a great list of prizes. The drawing will take place after the parade winners are announced. Tickets can be purchased from Rachel Guffin at (530) 289-2720 or by emailing email@example.com. Tickets are one for $1, six for $5 or $20 for your height in tickets. To view a current list of prizes, see ARF's website at http://www.animalrelieffund.net.
Since beginning in 2009, ARF has helped 94 households in Sierra County. Twenty-six families received help with the cost of veterinary visits; more than 120 animals received pet food (including a chicken and other birds); and spaying and neutering were funded for 28 families with multiple pets.
The generous donations we receive from the public and from this holiday event allow us to continue funding these much-needed services in Sierra County.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County