History author to speak at Sierra Writers tonight
February 12, 2013
Sierra Writers presents local history writer, Jan Westmore, tonight at 6:30 at the Madelyn Helling Library Community Room in Nevada City. Westmore's talk will feature her recent book, "Images of America: Colfax." She will share her knowledge and experience researching for historical writing, working with editors and writing for Arcadia Publishing House.
Westmore is a native of Northern California and has a fascination for the history and folklore of the gold mining regions. She has bilined chapters in Nature Companies, "A Walkers' Companion," and a leadership book, "The Sages Among Us" and has more than 50 articles published in magazines and newspapers. She is a past president of Sierra Writers and a member of the Historical Societies of Nevada County, the Colfax Area, and Placer County.
The Sierra Writers monthly meetings are free to the public and are held at 980 Helling Way in Nevada City.
For information, call 530-563-6273 or visit http://www.sierrawriters.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County