History author to speak at Sierra Writers tonight
February 12, 2013
Sierra Writers presents local history writer, Jan Westmore, tonight at 6:30 at the Madelyn Helling Library Community Room in Nevada City. Westmore's talk will feature her recent book, "Images of America: Colfax." She will share her knowledge and experience researching for historical writing, working with editors and writing for Arcadia Publishing House.
Westmore is a native of Northern California and has a fascination for the history and folklore of the gold mining regions. She has bilined chapters in Nature Companies, "A Walkers' Companion," and a leadership book, "The Sages Among Us" and has more than 50 articles published in magazines and newspapers. She is a past president of Sierra Writers and a member of the Historical Societies of Nevada County, the Colfax Area, and Placer County.
The Sierra Writers monthly meetings are free to the public and are held at 980 Helling Way in Nevada City.
For information, call 530-563-6273 or visit http://www.sierrawriters.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death