History author to speak at Sierra Writers tonight
February 12, 2013
Sierra Writers presents local history writer, Jan Westmore, tonight at 6:30 at the Madelyn Helling Library Community Room in Nevada City. Westmore's talk will feature her recent book, "Images of America: Colfax." She will share her knowledge and experience researching for historical writing, working with editors and writing for Arcadia Publishing House.
Westmore is a native of Northern California and has a fascination for the history and folklore of the gold mining regions. She has bilined chapters in Nature Companies, "A Walkers' Companion," and a leadership book, "The Sages Among Us" and has more than 50 articles published in magazines and newspapers. She is a past president of Sierra Writers and a member of the Historical Societies of Nevada County, the Colfax Area, and Placer County.
The Sierra Writers monthly meetings are free to the public and are held at 980 Helling Way in Nevada City.
For information, call 530-563-6273 or visit http://www.sierrawriters.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed