Highway 49 closure postponed
July 30, 2013
Dorsey Drive construction schedule changed
The Highway 20/49 nightly closures originally scheduled to begin Monday, July 29, have been postponed until Monday, Aug. 12.
Highway 49 will now remain open or open with partial lane closures until Aug. 12. Beginning Monday, Aug. 12 to Thursday, Aug. 15, State Route 20/49 (between the Idaho-Maryland and Brunswick Road interchanges) will be closed nightly to through traffic for falsework construction on the Dorsey Drive Interchange Project.
Traffic will be detoured between the hours of 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. (weather permitting).
Mud slide closes I-80
A mud slide triggered by summertime rainstorms late Thursday afternoon closed westbound Interstate 80 about four miles west of the California-Nevada border, according to the Department of Transportation.
The slide occurred at around 3:30 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol website.
Caltrans crews were en route to the mudslide, which is covering the westbound lanes at Farad with mud and debris. Westbound traffic was held at the stateline and one eastbound lane was closed to allow westbound traffic to turn around. The estimated time of reopening was about 8:30 p.m.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws