Highway 49 closure postponed
July 30, 2013
Dorsey Drive construction schedule changed
The Highway 20/49 nightly closures originally scheduled to begin Monday, July 29, have been postponed until Monday, Aug. 12.
Highway 49 will now remain open or open with partial lane closures until Aug. 12. Beginning Monday, Aug. 12 to Thursday, Aug. 15, State Route 20/49 (between the Idaho-Maryland and Brunswick Road interchanges) will be closed nightly to through traffic for falsework construction on the Dorsey Drive Interchange Project.
Traffic will be detoured between the hours of 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. (weather permitting).
Mud slide closes I-80
A mud slide triggered by summertime rainstorms late Thursday afternoon closed westbound Interstate 80 about four miles west of the California-Nevada border, according to the Department of Transportation.
The slide occurred at around 3:30 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol website.
Caltrans crews were en route to the mudslide, which is covering the westbound lanes at Farad with mud and debris. Westbound traffic was held at the stateline and one eastbound lane was closed to allow westbound traffic to turn around. The estimated time of reopening was about 8:30 p.m.
— The Union staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands