Help the homeless stay warm this winter
October 28, 2013
United Way of Nevada County is hosting a drive to collect much-needed items for the homeless in our community. Donate blankets, sleeping bags and gloves and help the homeless stay warm this winter. Please donate new or gently used blankets (preferably twin size), sleeping bags and/or women's, men's and children's gloves and drop them off at one of the convenient locations below. Everything collected will stay in our community.
Drop off locations include Walker's Office Supplies, J.C. Penney, B&C True Value Home Center, the lobby of the Rood Center, Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce, Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, Bank of America (Sutton Way and S. Church St. branches), Sammy's Friends and the United Way office (call first) located at 743 Maltman Drive in Grass Valley. Collection of items ends Dec. 9. Blanket Drive Kits are available for those interested in putting out donation boxes. Kits include a box and fliers. For information, call 530-274-8111 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier