Help the homeless stay warm this winter
October 28, 2013
United Way of Nevada County is hosting a drive to collect much-needed items for the homeless in our community. Donate blankets, sleeping bags and gloves and help the homeless stay warm this winter. Please donate new or gently used blankets (preferably twin size), sleeping bags and/or women's, men's and children's gloves and drop them off at one of the convenient locations below. Everything collected will stay in our community.
Drop off locations include Walker's Office Supplies, J.C. Penney, B&C True Value Home Center, the lobby of the Rood Center, Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce, Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, Bank of America (Sutton Way and S. Church St. branches), Sammy's Friends and the United Way office (call first) located at 743 Maltman Drive in Grass Valley. Collection of items ends Dec. 9. Blanket Drive Kits are available for those interested in putting out donation boxes. Kits include a box and fliers. For information, call 530-274-8111 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana