Help the homeless stay warm this winter
October 28, 2013
United Way of Nevada County is hosting a drive to collect much-needed items for the homeless in our community. Donate blankets, sleeping bags and gloves and help the homeless stay warm this winter. Please donate new or gently used blankets (preferably twin size), sleeping bags and/or women's, men's and children's gloves and drop them off at one of the convenient locations below. Everything collected will stay in our community.
Drop off locations include Walker's Office Supplies, J.C. Penney, B&C True Value Home Center, the lobby of the Rood Center, Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce, Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, Bank of America (Sutton Way and S. Church St. branches), Sammy's Friends and the United Way office (call first) located at 743 Maltman Drive in Grass Valley. Collection of items ends Dec. 9. Blanket Drive Kits are available for those interested in putting out donation boxes. Kits include a box and fliers. For information, call 530-274-8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)