Help sought for victims of Tyler Fire
September 7, 2013
The North San Juan Firefighters Association is asking the community to support the local residents who lost their home in Saturday's Tyler Fire. Although the fast response of dozens of engines, fire crews, bulldozers and aircraft stopped the rapidly growing blaze at 52 acres, a few residents suffered the loss of structures, including one home that was completely destroyed.
The NSJ Firefighters Association will donate a minimum of $200 and up to a total of $500 in matching funds for donations received by Sept. 15. Donations may be mailed to the NSJ Firefighters Association at P.O. Box 299, North San Juan, CA 95960 (if paying by check make out it to NSJ Firefighter Association and note that is is for "Tyler Fire Relief Fund" with your donation), or may be brought to the NSJ Fire Protection District office at 13200 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, during business hours.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana