Help sought for victims of Tyler Fire
September 7, 2013
The North San Juan Firefighters Association is asking the community to support the local residents who lost their home in Saturday's Tyler Fire. Although the fast response of dozens of engines, fire crews, bulldozers and aircraft stopped the rapidly growing blaze at 52 acres, a few residents suffered the loss of structures, including one home that was completely destroyed.
The NSJ Firefighters Association will donate a minimum of $200 and up to a total of $500 in matching funds for donations received by Sept. 15. Donations may be mailed to the NSJ Firefighters Association at P.O. Box 299, North San Juan, CA 95960 (if paying by check make out it to NSJ Firefighter Association and note that is is for "Tyler Fire Relief Fund" with your donation), or may be brought to the NSJ Fire Protection District office at 13200 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, during business hours.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)