Help sought for victims of Tyler Fire
September 7, 2013
The North San Juan Firefighters Association is asking the community to support the local residents who lost their home in Saturday's Tyler Fire. Although the fast response of dozens of engines, fire crews, bulldozers and aircraft stopped the rapidly growing blaze at 52 acres, a few residents suffered the loss of structures, including one home that was completely destroyed.
The NSJ Firefighters Association will donate a minimum of $200 and up to a total of $500 in matching funds for donations received by Sept. 15. Donations may be mailed to the NSJ Firefighters Association at P.O. Box 299, North San Juan, CA 95960 (if paying by check make out it to NSJ Firefighter Association and note that is is for "Tyler Fire Relief Fund" with your donation), or may be brought to the NSJ Fire Protection District office at 13200 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, during business hours.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier