Help sought for victims of Tyler Fire
September 7, 2013
The North San Juan Firefighters Association is asking the community to support the local residents who lost their home in Saturday's Tyler Fire. Although the fast response of dozens of engines, fire crews, bulldozers and aircraft stopped the rapidly growing blaze at 52 acres, a few residents suffered the loss of structures, including one home that was completely destroyed.
The NSJ Firefighters Association will donate a minimum of $200 and up to a total of $500 in matching funds for donations received by Sept. 15. Donations may be mailed to the NSJ Firefighters Association at P.O. Box 299, North San Juan, CA 95960 (if paying by check make out it to NSJ Firefighter Association and note that is is for "Tyler Fire Relief Fund" with your donation), or may be brought to the NSJ Fire Protection District office at 13200 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, during business hours.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Partners in English Language Learning seeks volunteer tutors in Nevada County
- Grass Valley shelter overrun with cats, needs families, donations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton