Help sought for victims of Tyler Fire
September 7, 2013
The North San Juan Firefighters Association is asking the community to support the local residents who lost their home in Saturday's Tyler Fire. Although the fast response of dozens of engines, fire crews, bulldozers and aircraft stopped the rapidly growing blaze at 52 acres, a few residents suffered the loss of structures, including one home that was completely destroyed.
The NSJ Firefighters Association will donate a minimum of $200 and up to a total of $500 in matching funds for donations received by Sept. 15. Donations may be mailed to the NSJ Firefighters Association at P.O. Box 299, North San Juan, CA 95960 (if paying by check make out it to NSJ Firefighter Association and note that is is for "Tyler Fire Relief Fund" with your donation), or may be brought to the NSJ Fire Protection District office at 13200 Tyler Foote Road, Nevada City, during business hours.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial