Health providers’ summit addresses local health issues
July 3, 2013
The Sierra Summit All Providers Meeting, now meeting quarterly, invites all local health providers to a meeting to discuss local health issues facing residents of Nevada County.
The meeting is set for 6 p.m. on July 16, at 350 Crown Point Circle, Suite 150 in Grass Valley.
Sierra Summit Behavioral Health has announced it will be hosting its All Providers Meeting on a quarterly basis to provide more frequent collaboration on solutions and needed resources.
The first All Providers Meeting on April 16 was attended by a wide range of health providers with different specialties within and outside mental health. One of the main issues identified was the lack of a community outlet designed to educate the consumers about the different treatment options available to them and how they might go about accessing those resources.
Sierra Summit Behavioral Health collaborated with the organizers of the Annual Community Health Fair to have a more comprehensive representation of mental health providers in the upcoming fair in October 2013.
Sierra Summit Behavioral Health has created the All Providers Meeting forum specifically for the local health providers. This effort was motivated by the organization's dedication to designing programs and services that address all the different aspects of the client's health needs in addition to their mental health symptoms.
The community has a wide range of highly qualified providers with unique specialties in mental health, as well as other health care fields, and the hope among organizers is that many more can be utilized to provide the consumers with a comprehensive system of care.
One of the main obstacles preventing such collaboration is the lack of a consistent, nonexclusive forum that is open to all the providers regardless of their specialty.
The purpose of this quarterly meeting will be twofold: first, to discuss the current health issues impacting the community and the local providers at large; second, to allow the health providers an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the different services and specialties available outside their field. All health providers regardless of their specialty or treatment philosophy are encouraged to attend.
For more information, visit http://www.sierrasummitbehavioralhealth.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business