GV to consider annexing Bear River Mill site
March 19, 2013
Grass Valley City Council members will review plans to annex the Bear River Mill site, 421 acres south of the town between Highway 49 and La Barr Meadows, at their meeting Tuesday with the goal of attracting some sort of industrial occupant.
The city will seek council approval of $100,000 for development services for the area immediately south of Grass Valley that was initially eyed for some sort of commercial retail, said City Manager Dan Holler.
In 2012, the city funded a study that determined it is feasible to run city sewer lines to the site, among other infrastructure needs, but would require an amendment to the city's general plan.
Over the past two years, the city council has taken action and laid the foundation to lead in the effort to enhance local job growth and retail opportunities, noted Tom Last, the city's community development director, in the report to the council for Tuesday's meeting.
"The economic realities facing the city cannot be met by the private sector alone and will require public/private partnerships," Last wrote. "By taking additional proactive steps now, the city will be in a better position to help address the job needs of the community prior to the next business growth cycle."
Last's report can be viewed by clicking HERE. Council will consider the matter as part of their meeting Tuesday, which begins at 7 p.m. at Grass Valley City Hall.
To contact Staff Writer Christopher Rosacker, email email@example.com or call (530) 477-4236.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier