Guest speaker to discuss Agenda 21
January 29, 2013
William F. Jasper will speak at 7 p.m. today at the Nevada City Elk's lodge. The title of his talk is, "Agenda 21—Regulation Overload: Slowly strangling American businesses and property owners."
Guest speaker Sheriff Keith Royal also will give a presentation.
Jasper is an investigative journalist who has covered several international conferences hosted by the United Nations, including the Rio Earth Summit in 1992, when world leaders adopted Agenda 21. He is currently senior editor at The New American magazine and author of the 2001 book, "The United Nations Exposed."
The public is welcome and donations of any amount are appreciated. This event is sponsored by the JBS Speakers Bureau.
The Elks Lodge is located at 518 Highway 49 in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial