Guest speaker to discuss Agenda 21
January 29, 2013
William F. Jasper will speak at 7 p.m. today at the Nevada City Elk's lodge. The title of his talk is, "Agenda 21—Regulation Overload: Slowly strangling American businesses and property owners."
Guest speaker Sheriff Keith Royal also will give a presentation.
Jasper is an investigative journalist who has covered several international conferences hosted by the United Nations, including the Rio Earth Summit in 1992, when world leaders adopted Agenda 21. He is currently senior editor at The New American magazine and author of the 2001 book, "The United Nations Exposed."
The public is welcome and donations of any amount are appreciated. This event is sponsored by the JBS Speakers Bureau.
The Elks Lodge is located at 518 Highway 49 in Nevada City.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Partners in English Language Learning seeks volunteer tutors in Nevada County
- Grass Valley shelter overrun with cats, needs families, donations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton