Guest speaker to discuss Agenda 21
January 29, 2013
William F. Jasper will speak at 7 p.m. today at the Nevada City Elk's lodge. The title of his talk is, "Agenda 21—Regulation Overload: Slowly strangling American businesses and property owners."
Guest speaker Sheriff Keith Royal also will give a presentation.
Jasper is an investigative journalist who has covered several international conferences hosted by the United Nations, including the Rio Earth Summit in 1992, when world leaders adopted Agenda 21. He is currently senior editor at The New American magazine and author of the 2001 book, "The United Nations Exposed."
The public is welcome and donations of any amount are appreciated. This event is sponsored by the JBS Speakers Bureau.
The Elks Lodge is located at 518 Highway 49 in Nevada City.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance