Guest speaker to address women in public office
July 28, 2014
Nazneen Rydhan, program coordinator of Emerge California, will be the guest speaker at the Nevada County Democratic Women's Club breakfast at 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 2 at Margarita's Restaurant in Grass Valley. Emerge California provides a leadership training program for Democratic women, with a goal of encouraging and preparing women to overcome barriers that tend to limit women from choosing to enter a race for public office at the local, state or federal levels. Currently, Congress has fewer than 20 percent of seats held by women — well below many other nations. The process to apply for the 2014 training ends on Oct. 3. Our other speaker will be Heidi Hall who has completed this training.
Hall, who has chosen to run for the Congressional seat in our District One race this year, will update members and guests on her campaign in Northern California. Our members strongly support this local resident with experience in government and a special interest in water issues that affect us all. Margarita's is located at 988 Plaza Dr. in Grass Valley.
The buffet menu is $13; reservations due by Wednesday. For more information or to make reservations, contact Carol at 530-205-9666 or email@example.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier