‘Growing through Grief’ workshop this Saturday
June 13, 2013
A workshop, 'Growing through Grief,' will be 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Sierra Presbyterian Church. Open to the public, the workshop is designed to benefit those who have faced some type of loss or grief in the past five years. This may include, for example, the loss of a loved one or friend, a disability, poor health diagnosis, infertility, the shattering of a lifelong dream, a suicide, someone we love who betrays us, or discovery of a moral failure.
The workshop will be led by Pastor Mike Griffin and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Karen Tyner, both of whom have worked with grief groups and have had their own experiences of loss that inform their understanding of the grief process and some of the resources that can help people grow through it. Sierra Presbyterian Church is located at 175 Ridge Rd. in Nevada City. Please RSVP by contacting the church office 530-265-3291.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier